Monday, February 08, 2010

Pav@Market

Okay, okay, another non-SDP post, but it's an Aussie dessert, so the link is there, however tenuous.

Mmmm pavlova


The dessert in question was from the new restaurant Market, part of the also new Shangri-La hotel in Vancouver. The occasion was a visit from Cindy, who wanted to try out the restaurant. After a delicious meal, the pavlova caught my eye on the dessert menu, a little unusually described as a white chocolate pavlova with yuzu sorbet and Thai basil syrup. After downing a pre-dinner Lemon Yuzu Drop, how could I resist?

And it was wonderful - the wafer thin meringue was crisp, the white chocolate mousse was silky smooth and the combination of the sorbet and syrup gave a pleasant tang. Five stars!

1 comment:

Nicole (可心) said...

I was pretty absorbed in my chocolate melty, yummy, so i didn't pay much attention to the pav, but from my brief taste, I must admit, it was definitely the most interesting pav I have ever had!