Friday, November 12, 2010

Date Walnut Tart

Date walnut tart

I was looking over the blogs I administer the other day and noticed The SDP Connoisseur. I began to feel remorse for not blogging in such a long time and a dim memory crossed my mind... I did have SDP recently... what was that?

Above is a picture of the Date Walnut Tart from Vinegar Hill House in Brooklyn. Mom came into town (town meaning New York, where we now live) a couple of weekends ago and took us out to hip Brooklyn.

Vinegar Hill House does not take reservation, but no problem, because there is a bar! Our wait for a table was 2 hours long. Our meal, as far as I can remember, was amazing.

Our dessert, I completely forgot about until browsing through my blogs.

I'm pretty sure it was incredible. I don't think I forgot about it because of it's lack of incredibility, but because of the 2 hour hungry bar wait leading up to it. It was (is) a pretty incredible, cute little restaurant. And look at that picture! Yum. I can't believe we remembered to take a picture of it! However, this black spot on my memory does make me wonder what other SDP related desserts I've forgotten about over the years...

1 comment:

Adam F. said...

Yes, it has been a while. This little offering came with a sphere of creme fraiche and was contained within a crisp pastry tart, warm and delicious.